social media advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of social media
1) It keeps us informed about the world.
By social media, we get all kinds of information on our mobile screen like any updates, news, and much more information that users need.
2) Shy people (or those with anxiety or things like Asperger’s syndrome) have an outlet to connect with people, share their knowledge, and share their talent with the world.
On social sites, many people share knowledge on different topics. It allows users to follow the topic which they like must if a person puts any updates on that it will inform the users.
3) It opens us to various points, new thoughts, ideas and allows to research and talk about them with others.
4) It keeps us in touch with friends and family who are far away.
5) If you have a business particularly a small local or internet-based business, social media is an incredible tool to reach your customers.
6) It helps us find the stuff we need and get rid of stuff we don’t.
7) Social media helps us connect with people who are into the same weird stuff we are, and expand our skills set.
8) Information spreads quickly
On social media, the information spread quickly because of the large number of active users on social media. (Viral)
9) Social media helps charities and fill specific needs of individuals.
10) Social media allows small businesses to get off the ground, or new products to be made without creators having to resort to a typical loan, via crowdfunding
11) It provides amazing market research for larger companies.
12) You can get to know someone and vet them before you meet them in person
13) It lets us share our creations- music, arts, and self-published books with the world quickly and usually for free.
14) Social media allows us to support artists making music and videos via sharing them.
15) Social media is great for consumers, as well as the companies
Social media is helpful for consumers in choosing products and reviews of products etc. And helpful for companies to increase brand awareness, promotion, getting feedback from loyal customers, etc
16) It introduces us to new things
17) Increase your knowledge on a college level or higher.
The social sites are very helpful for students for education purpose sites like khan academy, udemy, edx, Coursera and many more.
18) Win fabulous prizes!
19) Dating is now somewhat simplified
20) Social media has made casual gaming cool.
21) It keeps our minds occupied.
22) Social media can helps you achieve your goals and offer support.
23) Helps to make money
It allows users to earn money by showing ads on their sites. by monetization through google ads, Facebook ads, etc
24) Social media has a lot of benefits for students and teachers. It is very easy to educate from others who are experts and professionals via social media
25) The main advantage of social media is the connectivity. People from anywhere can connect with anyone
26) Social media is also be used for noble causes. For example to promote an NGO’s, social welfare activities
27) It helps to promote your business to a large audience just in one click. The whole world is open for you
social media advantages and disadvantages
Disadvantages of social media
Social media has promoted the possibility of identity theft, theft of details, cyber fraud, hacking and virus attacks. If you have updated your address, phone number, workplace and your family information on any social media site, you have lost your privacy. Usually, we keep posting new pictures on Facebook day by day. One must be very cautious while doing this, as pictures and other information can be misused by evil elements in society.
You should be very careful while using social media, as it can put you at risk and awkward position. Two Mumbai girls were arrested for questioning the closure of the city on Facebook (for making objectionable comments) for the funeral of Shiv Sena President Bal Thackeray. The girls were sent to judicial custody for 14 days and were granted bail after the private bond was issued.
1) Personal data and privacy can easily be hacked and share on the internet. Which can make financial losses and loss of personal life
2) According to a report published by peweuntr.org, most of the children have become victims of the cyberbullying over the past
3) Social media easily ruin someone’s reputation just by creating a false story and spread across the social media
4) Now a day’s security agencies have access to people personal accounts, which makes privacy almost compromised
5) Fraud and scams
Several examples are available where individuals have scammed and committed fraud through social media.
6) Decreases face to face communication
7) Reduces family closeness
8) Some Reviews on social media is invaluable some times
9) Fake accounts with fake name and photograph
Cyberbullying – According to a report published by PewCenter.org most of the children have become victims of cyberbullying over the past
Addiction – The addictive part of social media is very bad and can disturb personal lives as well. The teenagers are the most affected by the addition of social media
Security Issues – Now a day’s security agencies have access to people’s personal accounts. Which makes privacy almost compromised